Life has been a little busy recently, as a teacher the end of term is always a bit crazy! I have left my lovely current department who I’ve worked with for four years, as John and I are moving to Nottinghamshire and I start a new teaching job in September. I have also been doing some extra work exam marking (which finished yesterday) and preparing to move house! However, I’m now off work for the next 6 weeks (yay!) so will be able to dedicate more time to baking and blogging
Today’s recipe is one I promised a while back and has been my breakfast of choice as the weather has heated up. It’s a protein packed, delicious healthy smoothie and kept me properly full until it was time for lunch! It is so straightforward, it’s almost embarrassing…milk (your choice), peanut butter, frozen banana and natural yoghurt. Tip: don’t leave the skin on the banana when you freeze it 😉
This smoothie has no added sugar, as it gets all its sweetness from the ripe banana. I had around 15 (no joke) very ripe bananas that I needed to keep in some way, I couldn’t put them all into my Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Banana Bread!
I will be back later in the week with something a little less virtuous!
- 250-300ml milk (of your choice)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 1 frozen (very ripe) banana
- 1 tbsp natural yoghurt (yoghurt with no sugar)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend together until smooth. Perfect for breakfast!
- All recipes and photos are copyright Baking-Joy.com, unless stated otherwise. Please do not reproduce recipes without prior permission or linking directly back to the blog.