Another recipe to make the most of the squidgy bananas! This recipe makes around 9 muffins, great for a (sort of) healthy breakfast The trick with any muffin recipe is to mix dry and wet ingredients separately before adding together and don’t overmix the flour when folding in. In fact, the lumpier the mixture is, the better!
Nikon 3100 f/5.3, shutter speed 1/50 ISO-200
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6 and line a muffin tin with muffin papers
- Pour oil into a jug and beat in the eggs
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl (flour, sugar, bicarb and baking powder) into a bowl and mix together
- Quickly mix together the oil and eggs into the dry ingredients, followed by the mashed banana
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and fill the muffin papers nearly to the top with the mixture. This ensures you get the classic muffin shape. As muffin mixtures use plain flour, they don’t rise as much as traditional sponge cakes.
- Bake for around 18-20 mins until risen and golden brown.
Recipe adapted from ‘Nigella Express’